Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications. Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables. Improve existing manufacturing processes and act as liaison between production and engineering group in resolving problems encountered on the production floor.
• Participates in project teams typically including one of the following: identifying and implementing process/product improvement alternatives to increase/optimize yield, efficiency, throughput, and/or performance; designing, performing, and documenting engineering test experiments to evaluate product/product performance; participating in Quality improvement activities; designing, developing, testing, and validating equipment, tools and fixtures; analyzing and interpreting process models and recommending process improvements; evaluates external process technologies; and other activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the specific narrow area of assignments.
• Interfaces with assemblers, production supervisors, and engineers in troubleshooting problems on the production floor.
• Coordinates with the appropriate suppliers and other external resources needed in developing and implementing process/product improvement plans.
• Acts independently to implement and follow through.
• Participates in project planning and scheduling.
• Attends and contributes to product core team meetings.
• Performs responsibilities required by the Quality System and other duties as assigned or requested.
Quality System Requirements
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
Bachelor's in Engineering with 2-5 years of related industry experience. Mid to expert level in Solidworks.