To provide technical expertise to a variety of nondestructive testing industries. These industries include structural steel, manufacturing, machining, power generation, and petro-chemical.
PRINCIPAL AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Assist in conducting NDT examinations in MT, UT, PT, RT, and VT inspection techniques.
· Assist in the promotion and marketing of the NDT Department.
· Assist in work activities of other departments as needed.
· Maintain valid driver's license, free of specific violations.
The services provided by the NDT Department are performed to the standards of industry including AWS, ASME, ASTM, API, AISC, and UBC as well as state laws governing professional services. All services will be performed in accordance with AST’s QA/QC procedures.
The Nondestructive Technician will have an important role in developing the expertise and efficiency of the NDT department. The objective is to provide high quality services at a fair price, while maintaining costs to provide plan margins.
· Perform MT, PT, UT, RT, and VT examinations. Expected to consume 70% of the work day.
· Maintain the current procedures and equipment calibrations for the NDT Department. Expected to consume 10% of the day.
· Training to obtain and maintain certifications. Stay abreast with current NDT technologies utilized by AET. Expected to consume 10% of the work day.
· Must be able to walk/stand up to 80% of the day– often on uneven surfaces.
· Must be able to climb/bend/stoop frequently.
· Must be able to lift 50-70 lbs. occasionally.
· Must be able to work in confined spaces or elevated areas occasionally.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Associate degree in Non-Destructive Testing Technology or Welding Certification preferred.
· Ability to meet the requirements for Assistant Radiographer and be working toward ASNT-TC-1A for UT, MT, PT, RT methods.