Providing support to the manufacturing line, manage accuracy of engineering documentation (i.e., prints, BOMs, routers) and ensure that the company is using the appropriate level of technology on production processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Works with Sales, Marketing, Design Engineering and Operations to provide product that meets customer demands.
• Addresses various quality issues that may arise.
• May participate as a team leader on projects.
• Ability to run tests per standards.
• Introduce new products and provide support to the manufacturing line.
• Improve manufacturing line with line balancing, cost savings, safety, and the overall quality of the product we produce.
• Ensure Bill of Materials & prints are accurate and properly structured for production.
• Ensure routers are accurate and determine labor standards subject to management approval.
• Review Engineering Change Orders that effect assigned products and ensure implementation into production via production supervisor.
• Develop and implement productivity improvements to achieve overall company objectives for cost, quality, delivery and safety.
• Monitor safety compliance on assigned lines and take action when/if necessary.
• Participate in the new product development process to ensure products are designed for maximum competitiveness in production.
• Review new and existing products for standardization with similar products.
• Participate in the material review process.
• Must follow all safety rules and regulations.
• Must follow all quality standards
• Must be able to work required overtime as scheduled
• Must adapt to continuous improvement driven change with a positive attitude.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Project management including establishing and maintaining project timelines with minimum direct supervision.
• Must be willing to actively participate in Kaizen events/projects.
Qualifications – Education & Experience
• Degree in Engineering or related field, knowledge of SPC, Lean Manufacturing and quality.
• 0-2 years experience and/or demonstrated outstanding performance in a related position.
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.