Reporting to the Technical superintendent, accountabilities include:
* Evaluate, compile a plan/budget and implement the MOC (Management of Change) especially the mentioned issues are related to electrical & instrument equipment.
* MOC issued from offshore shall be evaluated and compile a plan/budget in an MOC file. To implement and close out the ECR, work pack shall be documented and update within Facility Maintenance Manual System.
* To monitor whether the actual operational activity complies with the operational procedure and evaluate whether the existing operational procedures are safe, effective and efficient. The maintenance to hull & machinery shall be monitored as per a Computerized Maintenance System status description and shall be evaluated as per specific relevant time frame, to decide any further required action to be done.
* To monitor and evaluate whether the maintenance cost and viability is effective and efficient. To provide Technical Assistance to the offshore technical personnel. To compile a plan for maintenance cost.
* Schedule any additional maintenance, which is not scheduled in the Computerized Management System or incidental repairs, so the work order number shall be established manually in the program. The detailed schedule will be discussed with offshore personnel.
* Ensure the electrical stores carried on the facility are adequate to maintain the level of technical integrity at all times. To contact and interchange information with Technical Administrator on board for the stock and spare parts
* Ensure that the facility hull & machinery standards comply with the relevant and current standards. Refer to ABS-Rules, IMO, Flag-Regulation and the appropriate statutory body.
* Act as Technical representative to select and engage contractors to progress MOC and maintenance works on allocated Facilities and equipment.
* Provide guidance & direction to Operations offshore HOD's in key electrical & instrument areas.
* To monitor and ensure the offshore facilities related to the fire protection and fire-fighting equipment's are in good condition at all times.
* To monitor and ensure the lifeboat and life saving equipment are in good condition at all times.
* To monitor and ensure the Oily Discharge Monitoring (ODM) system are regularly calibrated and in good condition at all times.
* Liaise with the facility to ensure Maintenance is being carried out as required to maintain technical integrity.
* Liaise with classification societies and flag state authorities to ensure that the facility
certification requirements are complied with.
* Other tasks as directed by Technical superintendent
* A Degree in Engineering or Science, Electrical Faculty
* Minimum of five years relevant industrial experience, at least three of which should be Oil and gas specific
* Understanding of relevant legislative requirements with respect to the electrical and instrument design inclusive of commissioning requirements
* Computer literacy high standard requirement
* Previous experience within the hydrocarbons industry and FPSO's is required, with a working knowledge of hydrocarbon operations, safety systems and permit to work procedures essential.
* Previous site supervision and commissioning skills in the field including troubleshooting.
* Proficient in English both oral and written.
* Effective communication skills (oral, written, and computer)