In this role, you will develop and implement cost-effective, lean processes for assembling and testing products in manufacturing. Work closely with cross functional teams including members in Research and Development, Marketing, Service, Supply Chain, and Operations on the support of existing products to meet customer needs and to improve quality, delivery, and cost.
* Key Deliverables: Improve
o Standard work by 25% by Dec. 2014
o External Quality by 33% - Dec. 2014
o Internal Quality & Yield by 30% - Dec. 2014
* Level of Accountability: Responsible for driving Internal and External Quality Metrics & Process Improvements related to their specific cells
* Reporting structure; Reports to Director, Manufacturing
* Development Opportunities; DBS Tool Set (VSM, FMEA)
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related field
* Proven ability to root cause functional problems on PCBAs
* Experience working with optics/laser systems
* Capable of troubleshooting control systems
* Clear functional understanding of how electronics drives electro-mechanical systems
* 3+ plus years combined Design and Manufacturing/Operations experience.
* Ability to adapt quickly to new projects and challenges.
* Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
* Ability to work on cross-functional teams as well as independently.
* Creative thinker with excellent troubleshooting skills.
* Driven individual with passion for improving quality of products.
* Experience with Altium, SolidWorks, or other CAD systems a plus.