POSITION SUMMARY :
The Industrial Engineer utilizes investigative data techniques and process efficiencies to translate the Category Manager's strategic vision into clustered or store specific planograms that meet sales and productivity goals. This position is operationally focused to support, train and analyze within the space planning system. This position also will be responsible for developing and facilitating training programs.
Provide leadership direction to vendor ""Category Planogram Captains"", ensuring all company strategies are executed with a high degree of accuracy, and that all issues are resolved in a timely manner for assigned areas of responsibility
Accountable for quality store/planogram assignments prior to publication and to ensure all plans are accurate and executable at store level
Responsible for factual data analysis of assigned planogram requests to ensure results are aligned with category and corporate strategies
Meet with ""Category Planogram Captains"" on a regular basis providing guidance and support to manage workload and timelines for assigned categories
Responsible for Developing, Coordinating and Facilitating training programs for ""Category Planogram Captains"" that focus on A&P standards, processes and software advancements
Maintain space planning system.
Ensures database of existing layouts, guides and planograms are current.
Responsible for the design and delivery of a variety of training courses and/or other interventions for ""Category Planogram Captains"".
Expected to identify areas of opportunity within the department and streamline ongoing processes.
Effectively communicate and collaborate with all cross functional areas, including Merchandising and Operations.
Manage the completion of Special Projects as assigned by their Manager (special store projects, strategy expansions, and department resets, etc)
SPECIAL SKILLS, TRAINING OR EXPERIENCE :
2 plus years experience with planogram software such as Apollo, ProSpace, Spaceman, etc
2 plus years Analytical Modeling experience
2 plus years retail experience (retail store level or direct retail sales experience)
2 years Mentoring/training others (both peers and subordinates)
Must have an advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel
Able to meet pre-implementation and post-implementation timelines.
High attention to detail as planogram auditing will be required
Food or Drug experience is a plus
Experience with mass planogram generating software is a plus
CORE MANAGEMENT LEADERSHIP SKILLS:
1. Situational Leadership: Matches leadership style to the needs of individuals and teams; delegates and provides guidance and coaching accordingly.
2. Motivating Others: Connects with and inspires others to perform at their best. Instills the desire to win in others. Establishes a challenging, stimulating, productive, fair work environment that supports both individual and team accomplishment. Recognizes others who take initiative and act with urgency. Makes things happen in the organization.
3. Performance Management : Sets high performance for her/himself and her/his team members and holds those standards. Clearly communicates roles, responsibilities and expectations. Provides direct, candid performance feedback to her/his team in a balanced, constructive manner. Balances being demanding with being supportive. Rewards excellent performance and moves with deliberate speed to take action with under-performers.
4. Talent Development : Creates a learning culture by supporting associate training and development, and encouraging associates to be self-directed learners. Demonstrates an accurate understanding of all of her/his team members' strengths and development needs. Seeks out opportunities to stretch, grow and promote talent.
5. Two-Way Communication : openly shares information and creates an inclusive work environment by seeking input, listening and demonstrating respect for others. Tailors language and messages to better connect with others' communication styles. Encourages an active and open exchange of ideas with others, and invites and responds to others' questions. Uses professional language with others.
6. Change Leadership : Leads change efforts through careful attention to stakeholders and the impact on people. Assist people through change; build their understanding, skills and confidence so they can be successful in the new environment. Addresses resistance by clearly communicating the change, explaining that it means to people and engaging them in the change wherever possible. Models flexibility, adaptability and patience in and with ambiguous situations, responding positively to new demands and challenges.
7. Business Acumen : Demonstrates sound knowledge of ""the business,"" including general business concepts, the grocery industry, and her/his functional area. Appropriately prioritizes business problems. Focuses the organization on what brings the most value to stakeholders. Understands and utilizes a range of levers and options available to achieve success and build shareholder value. Monitors the market place and capitalizes on business or industry trends.
8. Problem Solving and Decision Making : approaches problem using appropriate facts and information, and makes sounds decisions, taking into account both short- and long-term implications. Thinks nimbly and flexibly, envisioning multiple solutions to business issues. Determines the root causes behind issues and develops process improvements to eliminate or decrease recurring problems.
9. Drive For Results : Aggressively drives for outcomes that are beneficial to multiple stakeholders (shareholders, customers, associates) to positively EVA. Focuses on the critical factors that drive productivity, revenue growth and bottom line results. Demonstrates a sustained track record of consistent, verifiable results that balance the need for short-term performance with a view towards long-term success. Actively seeks out new or better ways of doing things to achieve results more efficiently and effectively.
10. Total Store Perspective : Address issues and problem with a corporate-wide perspective. Seeks to expand her/his knowledge about the A&P enterprise. Optimizes company performance by consistently and effectively executing company programs. Collaborates with other and readily shares ideas and best practices to help drive overall company success. Competes with external companies, not internal colleagues.