As part of their ongoing drilling activities, my Major E&P operating company clients are looking to engage a number of additional personnel to participate in their challenging drilling programmes.
With a large portfolio of Platform, Jack-up & Semi-Submersible rigs in place with many more to follow, my clients are actively looking to recruit a large number of additional resources to join their drilling teams.
In particular they are looking to recruit Drilling Superintendents to participate in challenging and exciting HP/HT work.
Committed to the North Sea and currently expanding their portfolio through their West of Shetland activities, opportunities to participate in this and other pioneering challenges are immediate as well as long-term.
* Optimising well operations through effective completion planning and selection. Provide engineering back-up during the operational phase ensuring financial and time-scale targets are met.
* Perform completion/testing engineering e.g. preparation, SOW, basis of design, operation programmes
* Prepare completion/testing programmes/end of well reports and co-ordinate other specialist inputs
* Undertake technical studies and apply technical skills and innovative thinking to obtaining positive outcomes
* Supervise small task forces, comprising junior engineers and contractors to resolve engineering/technical issues and lead operational implementation of solutions
* Update and follow up of equipment preparation for non-routine operations and offshore supervision
* Update and follow-up of the rig cost control for service contracts involved in completion/testing operations
* Liaise closely with Operations to support implementation of engineering work plans, providing live completion/testing engineering support to operations
* Effective contract management of contracts (operational cost) with a view to optimising value and to take decisions with respect to same in relation to job holder's technical specialism
* The job holder will hold a BSc or MSC or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline (Mechanical, Chemical, Offshore or Petroleum) with significant experience in well engineering
* Organisational skills to prioritise and manage a heavy workload in a rapidly changing environment
* Well developed knowledge of contractual/legal/terms & conditions/insurance issues