Our Process and Production Engineering position is a hands-on position that requires the successful candidate to build strong relationships throughout our manufacturing site. No matter what your preference is, our team-oriented culture of growth and development will allow you to expand yourself and your career.
· Manage the inputs and conditions of the process to meet production targets and maintain safety and environmental compliance.
· Analyze process data to identify optimization and improvement opportunities in the areas of production, yields, cost, quality and safety. Utilize relevant tools such as Six Sigma to achieve improvements and communicate process conditions.
· Track and manage key performance indicators and conversion costs pertinent to monthly raw material usage, product volumes, inventory and technical practices. Initiate and implement cost and process improvements.
· Provide process control auditing on performance metrics and troubleshooting support to production personnel as needed to identify and correct problems that impact raw material yields, capacity, safety, and product quality.
· Create and maintain process, safety, and environmental documentation, including process flow diagrams, operating instructions, management of change (MOC) forms, etc. Exhibit a strong safety ethic through coaching or engineered improvements.
· Support preventative maintenance and equipment reliability programs and other plant wide initiatives.
· Communicate closely with and train, as needed, area operations personnel.
Bachelors degree or higher in Chemical Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering or related field.
0-5 years manufacturing experience.
Intermediate proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
With or without reasonable accommodation, ability to perform work in a manufacturing environment, which includes ascending and descending stairs and ladders.
· Training or coursework in Six Sigma principles.
· Experience or training in project definition, design, process control, and statistics.