Responsible for planning and managing drilling Projects, as well as the execution of those Projects for development and exploration wells in the Gulf of Thailand.
• Responsible for managing a drilling services contract, both strategically and tactically on a daily basis across all operations, working to CHESM guidelines.
• Leads Risk Assessments (RA) for assigned Projects and participates in RA of other projects.
• Prepares detailed and accurate drilling cost and time estimates; issues drilling AFEs.
• Works closely with all Contract Owners to develop the optimum drilling plan for assigned Projects.
• Works closely with Completion Engineers to develop the optimum completion strategy for assigned Projects.
• Mentors Drilling Engineers in the office by being a Clear Leader that utilizes Way behaviors.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Bachelors Degree in Engineering (all disciplines) and/or relevant oilfield experience.
• For the first three years, the ability to work a 4/4 rotation (four weeks on the rig, followed by four weeks off). Generally, the offshore work will be 12 hours working and 12 hours off, 7 days a week. On occasion, required training will be during the 4 weeks off period.
• Good command of the English language.
• Preferred qualifications: Leadership, self-starter, ability to work under pressure, problem solving skills, teamwork.