The Project Engineer for Environmental Solutions coordinates wellsite operations personnel and logistics, ensuring the application of solids control and waste management products and services meets customer specifications. Through leveraging of technical expertise, the Project Engineer makes value-added recommendations to optimize drilling performance and recognizes opportunities for promotion of existing or new products, services, and technologies.
Successful Project Engineers have extensive experience managing solids control and waste management systems at the wellsite and address customer issues professionally and efficiently.
This position reports to the Location Manager or Operations Manager.
• Ensures handling of solid and liquid drilling waste meets Department of Transportation, International Maritime Organization, and other relevant regulations.
• Performs risk analysis on technical programs to address potential safety hazards.
• Participates in customer safety and service quality meetings for current projects.
• Ensures accuracy of critical data for customer reports and manages all project reporting requirements.
• Verifies completion of all maintenance reports for project equipment.
• Gathers critical data used to optimize asset use and forecast revenue.
• Monitors daily drilling performance data and makes recommendations for performance optimization.
• Coordinates lab tests to evaluate product or service and uses results to make recommendations.
• Coordinates logistics to ensure service delivery meets customer requirements while optimizing supply chain activities.
• Anticipates complications from drilling program changes and provides technical guidance to avoid NPT.
• Ensures completion of root cause analysis for failures related to company products or services, and communicates findings and actions to customer.
• Collaborates with technical team and Rand E to resolve technical issues or make improvements to products or services.
• Resolves customer operational conflicts in a professional, ethical manner.
• Manages daily pricing and invoicing in accordance with contract terms.
• Compares drilling performance data to relevant benchmark data.
• Supports project proposals and bids.