Purpose/Role : Lead Structural Engineer – Civil Engineer:
• Deliver all discipline activities to cost, schedule and quality criteria.
• Manage discipline team.
• Assist with discipline objectives and budget across Business Unit.
Prime responsibilities and duties
• Administer and implement Company, and where applicable, Client/Project policies and procedures.
• Supervision of discipline personnel and allocation of work.
• Remain abreast of legislative requirements.
• Approval, checking and preparation of design/engineering documentation.
• Support and develop accredited graduate training schemes (where appropriate) and appoint mentors.
• Undertake staff appraisals of discipline staff.
• Provide technical assistance to Business Development strategies, activities and initiatives.
• Develop and enhance processes and systems for wider use in the discipline.
• Undertake training of less experienced engineers, including duties as a mentor.
• Ensure work is carried out in accordance with relevant Codes, Standards and Procedures.
• Provide input to cost estimates and execution plans.
• Ensure delivery of all aspects of discipline design, specification and procurement of the project to cost, schedule and quality criteria.
• Ensure technical integrity of all discipline deliverables on the project.
• Plan and maintain the discipline progress of the project.
• Maintain the discipline of the group assigned and deal with the day-to-day matters pertaining to personnel.
• Ensure all interfaces to other disciplines are clearly defined and correctly engineered.
• Maintain and develop current awareness of relevant engineering technology.
• Maintain and develop current awareness of relevant Codes and Standards.
• Liaise with other disciplines, departments, project personnel, vendors, clients, etc.
• UK Bachelors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
• Chartered Engineer and member of appopriate engineering institution
• Mature engineer with sound technical background and wide ranging expertise
• Experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
• Highly experienced in use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
• Experienced in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
• Experienced in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting
• Competent in commercial, contractual and administrative aspects of engineering
• Experienced in controlling all aspects of discipline design including some multi-discipline aspects
• Highly experienced in quality control / safety / environmental methods and quality assurance / safety / environmental procedures for engineering
• Highly experienced in producing man-hour and material estimates for all discipline activities
• Experienced / competent in leading, supervising and the organisation of a medium / large sized single discipline team within a project
• Capable of representing project internally and externally
• Capable of taking a major role in setting and managing discipline objectives
• Motivating personality that generates co-operative team based thinking within the discipline
• Competent in the motivation, training and ongoing development of subordinates
• Competent understanding of personnel issues
• High business unit profile
• Determination to set and achieve personal objectives and goals
• Potential engineering manager or discipline manager