Description: Contract manufacturing technician supporting production campaign of chemicals and catalysts. Duties will include
 Material handling including shipping and receiving of materials and maintaining inventories,
 Loading both solid and liquid raw materials into a reactor,
 Monitoring and controlling reactor temperature and material flows, and
 Discharging and packing out product.
Ability to drive fork trucks, move drums, lift 25 Kg bags is required. Maintenance of computer records is also expected. Technician will handle chemicals and waste under the supervision of experienced technicians and plant engineer. Help in the charging and discharging of chemical reactors with experienced technicians.
Position duties and responsibilities:
- Primary contact for shipping and receiving to call when trucks come in for pickup and deliveries for the manufacturing operation as instructed by Coordinator.
- Load & unload trucks.
- Follow standard operating procedures.
- Prepare large shipments (cap & band, seal, stage).
- Maintain physical inventories of raw materials and products.
- Charge and/or discharge chemicals with sufficient direction from primary operating technicians.
- Stage large volume raw materials.
- Assist with plant operation under direction of operating technicians and Coordinator.
- Maintain high level of housekeeping without supervision.
- Support as directed by Coordinator special projects & process evaluations.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to read and communicate in English sufficiently to follow SOP s and MSDS s.
- Must have an awareness of chemicals, their hazards safety and health issues as found in MSDS s.
- Must be physically fit so as to operate manual equipment and lift 25 kgs.
- Ability to work off shift hours.
- Chemical plant experience preferred but not required.
Skill Name Requirement
Ability to lift 30 to 40 lbs. Required
Computer literate Required
Forklift/Fork Truck Experience Required
Production equipment Experience Required
Shipping experience Desired