The Mechanical Engineer – Graduate Engineer: Major Projects Engineering designs the requested solution according to the contract and specification that the Front Line has agreed with customers. He/she identifies and selects the components required for the solution and designs the individual components to meet customer specific requirements. The Engineer – Major Projects Engineering creates the required design/layout drawings for customer approval.
Responsibilities and Key Activities
• Knowledge and understanding of equipment offering, technical design, structure and details and of the technical strengths and limitations of products.
• Analyses contracts and specifications for equipment and selects the right products for the required solution.
• Draws layout drawings for the solution.
• Creates design drawings (M-drawings) as requested (signalisation, doors, cabin etc)
• Modifies the Bill of Material for the equipment and selects customer specific components when necessary.
• Calculates factory price for selected solution.
• Takes safety aspects into account and selects environmentally sustainable solutions when possible.
• Updates order progress to other stakeholders on a timely basis.
• As a member of an engineering team, shares his/her knowledge and skills with colleagues and participates actively in meetings and workshops.
• Works independently on the assigned tasks and delivers the required results on time.
Skills, Education and Experience
• Mechanical engineering education
• Skills and knowledge about CAD engineering systems
• Basic office and ERP usage skills
• Good written and spoken English, other languages are benefit