Description of main responsibilities
- Developing sourcing strategies for cash as well as in-kind procurements in collaboration with relevant parts of the organization
- Ensuring an efficient procurement process is in place
- Cost efficient purchasing
- Working pro-actively and ensuring internal support and guidance to the organization
- Internal compliance with ESS procurement rules and processes
- External compliance with laws and regulations
- Undertake supplier reviews and prepare reports
As Head of the Procurement division you are professional and driving which you show by achieving your goals and fulfilling your commitments. As a leader you are present within your team and you have a coaching and inspiring approach towards the members of your team. You have excellent negotiation skills, the ability to deal with ambiguity and a high level of diplomacy. Having multicultural skills and experience in working with technical people is essential in this role, and even though we require compliance with rules and a high level of professional integrity, that needs to be combined with flexibility and transparency.
You have a Master university degree within Business Administration, Finance or Law and at least 10 years of experience as a senior procurement officer with focus on public procurement including interpretations of the Public Procurement act, contractual law and EU Procurement Directives. You also have at least 5 years of experience in a leading role or as manager of a procurement division, focusing on developing your organization and managing expectations and deliverables to a project plan. You also have experience from working with Logistics and Warehousing in a project-based environment. Since ESS is an international research organization and a large-scale project we need you to have previous experience from a similar scientifical and technological environment where you on a daily basis have been collaborating with project leaders and other internal clients as well as reporting to a range of internal and external stakeholders. You know how to prepare and make inspiring presentations and are fluent in English, both oral and written.